Everyone seems to love acronyms these days. Using them for the common and deep alike. So why not the ground zero mosque?
After living in the middle east, where minarets are more prevalent than 7-11s in Taiwan, I can say I've been pushed past my ecumenical sense of acceptance by the experience, especially the prolific calls to prayer. I particularly noticed the level of change when I was out hiking and I flinched at a flock of geese calling. It wasn't until I saw the birds that I realized it wasn't the adhan. So personally, I am biased. After living surrounded by Muslims, I have nothing but annoyance left.
Thankfully, I live no where near ground zero, nor do I have any intention of moving remotely close. So I can keep my politics practical and accepting when it comes to the subject. Even so, I heartily agree with Judea Pearl that "Muslim Americans will benefit more from co-ownership of consensual projects than sole ownership of confrontational ones."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment