Friday, July 17, 2009

Shabbat Delight

Today I tried Turkish Delight for the first time. Real Turkish Delight. It was...amazing. Suddenly, the scene Lewis depicted in the first of the Chronicles of Narnia (or second, depending on your school of thought) was so thoroughly explained. The stickiness, the true vulgarity of eating so many pieces and wanting more (I was swooning after 2, and I am a sugar lover extraordinaire), and the fact that once you've eaten Turkish Delight, it could very well be the first sweet that comes to mind whenever anyone mentions having a nice tea time snack.

I'll try to bring some home, so as to share the goodness. If you have tried and didn't enjoy your experience, I think you must have eaten a low quality selection. That's my final verdict.

1 comment:

  1. AnonymousJuly 22, 2009

    Eleanor brought the C.S. Lewis class at FPU some turkish delight once, and I thought it tasted like flowers. Roses to be precise. It wasn't very good. I am guessing it was not authentic/gourmet, because it was wrapped like a candy bar.

    ReplyDelete