It's time to try something new. For me at least. Short blogs on one memorable moment from my day--since it seems something striking happens every day without exception. Nothing deep, probably not very insightful, but more documentary.
Why? Because these are the things I miss jotting down for my own memory prompt and the amusement of others.
The day I found thyme. Fresh, wild, hidden by weeds; such a delicious scent after a long hot day of work.
The day I was scolded for working to hard (by a boss), and told to take it easy or I could hurt myself.
The day (weeks later) I was scolded for not working hard enough (by a guest) and being a slacker, after all "this is Israel, not some slack job."
All the little things in between that have been formative and forgotten.
And today. Today I ripped my pants. A nice right angle above the knee while climbing into a trailer to unload part of our branch trimmings for the day. I've never ripped a pair of pants before. Now I have to sew. Maybe I'l even have to buy a patch. Shorts are not an option.
Wednesday, July 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment