Saturday, January 3, 2009

Another Turn

Incredible. Why does my consciousness distort the passing of time so that I feel surprise when a quantitative mark is surpassed?

How's that for a pretentious start to the new year? But it's true, I wonder why I'm amazed another year has gone by. Certainly enough has happened to fill it and I should be content to pack it off as history.

Maybe the same can be said for this blog. Every year I lament my lack of posting consistency. Maybe my expectations are too high, or maybe I really am not the exhibitionist I think I am. Maybe I really don't want the world to know all my little thoughts and quandaries, perhaps not even my friends.

I think I'm going to retire my blog. It was started for the specific purpose of documenting my life in Asia for family and friends in a more elaborate manner than email would allow. That purpose has been served and concluded. Most of the photos lost in the shut down of my photo host site. It's time to leave it as a piece of posterity, and continue with my grand adventure in real time: unfiltered, unprocessed, just enjoyed.

No comments:

Post a Comment