I was not expecting hip-hop to come easy, but I didn't think it would be hard. As an addition to my three ballet classes, I was looking for variety.
And it started very well. The movement patterns were challenging, and I had to make changes to my sense of rhythm and emphasis in music. It was doable though, and I started to progress. Then came the pop-ups.
A pop-up is when you swing your legs in a slightly cyclical movement to bring yourself into a standing position from lying on the floor. There's a slight back bend involved too. I think it's torture.
Really, I only have one part to complain about. I can do the back bend, amazingly enough. I can swing my legs. I cannot stand up for the life of me. Landing on the back of your head can only be tolerated for so long. It also doesn't help that there's this little niggling thought that I'm finally getting too old to learn these new tricks.
I don't like to give up though. But next time I practice, I'll put an extra mat down.
Thursday, December 13, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog more! Your fans go wanting!
ReplyDelete